Situated in Huean Chan, a heritage house and crafts centre in the centre of town, this class is ideal for people short of time who want to learn the fundamentals of Lao cuisine.
Starting with preparing sticky rice, whilst that is steaming you will have a garden tour. The first dish to prepare will be a “jeow” dip, it will accompany the sticky rice. There are many varieties of dips in Laos and this is a staple for flavour in any Lao home.
Following this you will try your best at more complex preparations, depending on seasonal ingredients it may be a dish steamed in banana leaf, or stuffed in lemongrass, along with other well-known dishes such as lab, oh lam or Luang Prabang salad. The learning will finish with a Lao dessert and then you will be able to enjoy the fruits of your labour.
- Advance bookings are essential
- Classes are available for a minimum of two people only
- 2-3 persons - US$ 38.00 each
- 4+ persons - US$ 30.00 each
- Hotel transfers
- Cooking class and the meal
- Learn the fundamentals of Lao cuisine in a heritage house and crafts centre in Heaun Chan
- A garden tour is included to introduce you about plants in Laos
- Prepare your own sticky rice, “jeow” dip and a Lao dish and a Lao dessert in the workshop
(what is taught may vary depending on seasonal ingredients)
- Enjoy what you cook and bring the traditional taste home!